Patio of the Inquisition

In Coimbra Patio of the Inquisition owes its name to the historical and architectural valuable buildings where Inquisition Court had its headquarters after 1548.

In Coimbra Patio of the Inquisition owes its name to the historical and architectural valuable buildings where Inquisition Court had its headquarters after 1548. The jails can now be seen through the thick glasses they have as ceiling. The team led by the Architects João Mendes Ribeiro and Teresa Alfaiate has rebuilt the building under the essential motto of transparency so as to make the connection between past and present times.

Return to the top