The original foundation of this Misericórdia Church dates back to 1611, as evidenced by written documentation and tombs inside the building. However its current design dates back to the 18th century, presenting a Baroque style. The beautiful Misericórdia Church has a rectangular shape, a façade flanked by two bell towers, with two styles, topped by a curved pediment. Above the main portal there is the coat of arms of King D. João V, surmounted by a niche with picture in jasper. It is also worth mentioning the bell towers with oriel windows, with pinnacles on top. It is located in João de Almeida square – Largo João de Almeida.
Largo João de Almeida • 6 300 - 663 Guarda