Capitania do Porto de Aveiro

The building of Capitania do Porto de Aveiro currently belongs to Aveiro Town Hall. It is also known as “Capitania dos Arcos” and its history is indeed a long one.

The building of Capitania do Porto de Aveiro currently belongs to Aveiro Town Hall. It is also known as “Capitania dos Arcos” and its history is indeed a long one.Initially built as a tide mill, it would later become a supporting building of porcelain factory José Ferreira Pinto Basto, who founded internationally known Vista Alegre brand. Later, in 1903, Francisco Augusto da Silva Rocha remodeled the building in order to lodge the Industrial Drawing School.

Rua Viana do Castelo3800 Aveiro

    Return to the top